2009.03.26(Review of 2005.06.16 edition)
In Japanese, this kind of person is called a “lone wolf,” an expression we have in English as well. There are many reasons why a person may choose not to run with the pack, some of them splendid and noble ... sort of like today's WordMaster!
- A loner is someone who prefers to do things alone rather than with other people.
- loner とは、他の人と一緒に行動するよりも、自分一人で何かをすることを好む人、つまり、一匹狼、という意味です。
- This is a profession that attracts a lot of loners. People here tend to stay in their cubicles and rarely socialize after work.
- I've always been a loner, so I'm not sure I'd make a very good manager. Isn't there a research position open?
- He's not really a team player. He's more of a loner. But he certainly gets the job done.
We always enjoy your company!