We love the image that today's business idiom conjures up!
- To get your foot in the door is to start working in a particular field, at an organization, etc. - usually in an entry-level or similar position - where you hope to have more success in the future.
- get your foot in the door は、将来成功したいと望んでいる分野や組織などで、通常、新入社員または同等の地位で、働き始める、という意味です。
- Working as an unpaid intern is a great way to get your foot in the door.
- Of course it's just an entry-level position, but at least it would get your foot in the door.
- I've been trying to network with some of my former classmates who are working in the industry to see if I can get my foot in the door.