We are pleased to announce the arrival of the Thursday WordMaster!
- If you say that someone deserves something, you feel they should get it because of something they've done or because of who they are.
- deserve は、行為や人となりによって、ある人物が何かを受けるべきである、つまり、受けるに値する、という意味です。
- You've been working very hard these past few weeks. You deserve some time off.
- I appreciate your kind words, but Jenny deserves most of the credit.
- a: I got the promotion!
b: Oh, I'm so happy for you! You deserve it.
- It's a beautiful 150-year-old building that deserves to be protected.
- (after being fired from his job)
What did I do to deserve this? I've always tried to do my best for this company.
- (making a toast at an employee's wedding reception)
I wish you all the happiness you deserve.
Doesn't everyone deserve a WordMaster?