Similar to yesterday's expression, but broader in application, today's topic is our last word on the business of publishing!
- The layout of something is the way that it's arranged.
The verb form is lay out.
Be Careful! Although yesterday's expression, format, is only used to talk about the arrangement of a document, Web page, etc., layout can be used to talk about the arrangement of a great variety of things.
- layout とは、何かの配置の仕方のことです。
動詞形は lay out で、きちんと配置する、レイアウトする、という意味です。
注意：昨日の表現 format は、文書やウェブページなどの配置について言う場合のみに使われますが、layout は色々なものの配置について使うことができます。
- The layout of Tokyo's streets can make finding your way around very challenging.
- The renovations will last two weeks. We're making major changes to the office layout.
- There's over 15,000 square meters of floor space, so it might take you a while to get used to the layout of the store.
- What software do you use to lay out the magazine?
- (talking about a business card) All the information I asked them to include has been nicely laid out. It looks very professional.
What are you reading this weekend?