2011.11.15 (Review of 2007.08.21 edition)
If you're looking for an expression that conveniently sums up a large number of factors that contribute to a comfortable life - high per capita income, access to quality education and healthcare, excellent housing conditions, etc. - look no further than today's WordMaster!
STANDARD OF LIVING 生活水準
- The standard of living of a person, group, or society is the level of material comfort (= goods and services) available to them.
- standard of living とは、人や集団、社会が享受できる、物質面での快適さ（商品やサービス）、つまり、生活水準のことです。
- Everything's so inexpensive in this country. We're able to enjoy a much higher standard of living here than back home.
- Their organization is working to improve the standard of living in several southern African nations.
- I'm afraid his standard of living has suffered a great deal since being laid off.
- There's a useful tool on their Web site that calculates how much money you would need to maintain your current standard of living in different parts of the world.
- My children and grandkids are nearby, I have many good friends and a decent standard of living - I'm very blessed.
Wishing you and your family much prosperity!