2009.03.24(Review of 2006.04.11 edition)
How much is too much when it comes to experience and expertise?
- To be qualified is to have the knowledge, skills, or experience necessary for a particular job.
To be overqualified is to have MORE knowledge, skills, or experience than is necessary or desirable for a particular job.
- qualified とは、ある仕事に必要とされる知識、スキル、経験などを有している、という意味です。
- She's certainly well qualified for the job; she earned a master's degree in computer science at the Berlitz Institute of Technology and has 5 years' work experience as a systems engineer.
- He's never worked in government before. What makes you think he's qualified to be a senator?
- What's the best way to find a qualified interpreter for an international conference?
- (a rejection letter from a company)
We're sorry, but due to the large number of qualified applicants, we are not able to offer you a position at this time.
- (at a job interview for a pizza delivery person)
It says in your resume that you have a Ph.D. in particle physics. Aren't you a little overqualified for this job?
- He said I was overqualified to be a bank teller and offered me a job as a loan officer instead.
Enjoy the day!