2010.06.11 (Review of 2006.04.25 edition)
Even if you make a world-class product, back it up with the best warranty in the industry, and provide top-notch after sales service to boot, none of that will make a difference to your bottom line unless your sales team can deliver the goods!
- A company's sales is the total number or value of goods or services that it sells during a period of time.
The sales department is the part of a company that deals with selling its products.
- sales とは、ある期間に企業が販売した商品やサービスの総数や総額、つまり、売り上げのことです。
sales department というと、製品の販売を担当する企業内の部署、つまり、営業部や販売部をさします。
- Although sales were down slightly in February, they were up by 15% in March. Overall, sales doubled in FY 2009 from the year before.
- Retail sales for the country rose 2.2 percent - the most since November 2007. New home sales, on the other hand, fell for the third month in a row.
- Could you get me the sales figures for the last three quarters? I'll be using them in my presentation.
- If you have any questions about prices or specifications, please feel free to contact our sales people.
- I used to work in the sales department, where I earned a decent salaryand got a fixed commission if I met my quarterly sales targets.
Live life to the fullest this weekend, and don't take “no” for an answer!