Well, we've followed through on our promise and have come to the end of our exploration of the “work ethic”. We hope you enjoy this final installment in the series!
- Someone is persistent if they continue to try to do something without giving
up, despite problems or difficulties or even though other people want them to stop.
The noun form is persistence.
- persistent は、問題や困難がある場合や、他の人がやめてほしいと思っている場合でも、何かをあきらめずにやり続けようとする、という意味です。
名詞形は persistence で、粘り強さ、という意味です。
- He can be very persistent when the stakes are high.
- I've never seen such a persistent negotiator. He just will not take no for an answer.
- I admire her persistence. Even after being rejected by over 30 publishers she didn't give up.
- Her determination and persistence were finally rewarded when she broke through the company's glass ceiling to become the first female vice president of production and operations.
And in case you've forgotten, there's a three-day weekend about to begin. Enjoy it and we'll see you again on Tuesday!