2011.01.26(Review of 2007.02.28 edition)
After you've told someone the name of your job, it often helps to give a few more details regarding what exactly it is that you do. After all, who really understands what it means to be a “senior business analyst”, anyway?
- If you are responsible FOR someTHING, it's your job to take care of it. If you are responsible FOR someONE, it's your job to direct them or take care of them.
If you are responsible TO someONE, he or she is the person you must explain your decisions or actions to if asked.
- responsible for ＋（もの）は、何かについて責任を持って引き受ける、という意味です。responsible for ＋（人）は、その人の監督・指導や世話をするのが責務である、という意味になります。
responsible to ＋（人）と言うと、もし要求されたら、その人に対して自分の決定や行動を説明する必要がある、という立場をさします。
- As manager of this restaurant, I'm responsible for the quality of every meal we serve.
- You'll be responsible for making sure that we meet all applicable environmental standards and official reporting requirements.
- The audit section supervisor is directly responsible for a team of 15 audit specialists.
- A CEO is ultimately responsible to the shareholders, which means that his or her decisions may not always be in the best interest of the employees.
- (part of a job description)
This position is responsible to the operations manager.
See you tomorrow!